Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Toy story II

Flashback
It seems not so long ago, say 15 -20 yrs ago, I would spend nights dreaming about a funky gadgets like a remote controlled helicopter, walkie talkie that works, remote controlled butterfly, gravity defying car that can climb walls, tread upside down on ceilings, or may be my own personal robot, which can respond to my speech, may be can do a few body movements.

Well then, I did scout all neighbourhood toy stores, so that even If I chance upon anything close, I could sulk my way into getting parents to buy them. Not easy,but atleast the toy existed for me to aspire to buy it.But the best any shop had to offer was the imported remote controlled car that came with a reasonably expensive price tag, mostly stacked amidst the innumerable funskool board games.

Back to present.
Why toys all of a sudden you might wonder?. The youngest of my little cousin brother is now well into his college years. It has been a while since toys made their appearance at home. A chance visit to Heera Panna (Mumbai's very own grey market for gadgets) and a few toys shops we strolled by had some very interesting gadgets to offer at throwaway prices. Check the roster


  • RC controlled helicopter (upto 30ft) - Rs 1500
  • Walkie talkie (upto 250ft) - Rs 300
  • RC controlled butterfly - Rs 3000
  • Robot with speech recognition - Rs 4000


For a moment, I was so tempted to relive my childhood again, only If I count time travel back a couple of decades- just me & little backpack full of toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment