Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tag 4

I have been tagged by Mrunalini. I have no choice but to fill up the blanks and pass on the tag to four others. I have been threatened with ex-communication from the blogging community if I don't comply. So here I go.

4 Places I wish I never be in

  • Babrala village, Meerut, UP - Not when you are waiting at 11:00 PM, for an 4 hour late overnight passenger train in this small village in eastern UP, amidst the many Bhaiyyas, their Bhabhis, Bahubalis, Netaji, police afisars and professional kidnappers (thankfully I had forgotten to wear my Armani that fateful day. sigh!)
  • Chennai - 2 months of summer internship in the blistering hot weather, extremely limited supply of brackish water, unfriendly people (women in particular). My only wish is to convince all the bhavan's - Saravana, Murugan idly shop .etc.etc to shift to Mumbai and Bangalore, so that I can enjoy the delectable dosas and ghee pongal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • Mekele (Ethiopia) - 50% power deficit in a country with one of the highest crime rates among developing nations. You dare not venture out. Especially when the most happening shopping street with discs/pubs is called Chechnya for obvious reasons.
  • Andheri Station - At 9:00 AM morning rush hour, Diamonds are waiting to be studded at SEEPZ, Computers are all ready to be booted up at Powai, Attendance needs to be marked at colleges in Vile Parle, Dabbas crying out to be eaten, Meetings already behind schedule at nariman point. Is someone's work more important than the other's?. Sadly, the trains are not smart enough to figure that out. what are you waiting for then. Chalo! Chalo! Chalo!

4 TV Shows I never liked to watch

  • Rakhi ka Swayamvar - I never thought the institution of marriage can be made to look so silly. Just like when the half Canadian half Gujarati Elesh, professes his love to Rakhi in British accented Hindi "Rakhi tum bahut achhi, shaadi me-tum, main good husband banta". To which, Rakhi's brilliant reply " Okies! me loving Elesh too muchs. Me good wife becoming, homely homely types". Sic. Sic.
  • Boogie Woogie for aunties, uncles and grannies - Dance is fun to watch. But .
  • Telugu movies dubbed in Hindi on SET MAX - Forget the lip sync if there were any, dialogues and characters are so unlikely to ever speak hindi. Its funny, yes, but for just as long as you can bear it.
  • Star Parivar awards for best performances in Saas Bahu serials - It requires some real public interest to appreciate the many layers in the emotions enacted by the finest actors in the most challenging of roles in some of the greatest epic dramas ever broadcast on TV.

4 places to see before I die

  • Fjords in Norway
  • Lake Baikal in Siberia, Russia
  • Trek up the crater of Cotopaxi in Equador
  • Diamond mines in Angola

4 dishes I would like to be served for lunch today

  • Tofu/Paneer Malai Tikka for starters
  • Kaju masala with garlic naan
  • Thai green curry with steamed rice
  • Sizzling hot brownie with vanilla ice cream for dessert

4 Books I started reading, but have still not completed

  • Midnight's children by Salman Rushdie
  • Atlas shrugged by Ayn Rand
  • Imagining India by Nandan Nilekani
  • White Mughal by William Dalrymple

4 Movies I Can Watch Again & Again

  • Children of Heaven
  • Sound of Music
  • Independence Day
  • Mckenna's gold

Here are four people, I tag. I can bet all my worth, none of these guys are ever going to fill the form and pass the tag to others.

Mahesh

Siby

Wayne

Kasturi - I heard rumours about some secret blog for a limited audience.

3 comments:

  1. Nice touch with the 'never' part. Now run along and get me something from Angola :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes .. blood diamond .. I shall keep up my promise to you buddy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one with the never part. I dont think one can quite finish reading Midnight's Children unless you are way too literary oriented!

    ReplyDelete